Robert H. Crick's Construction Law Experience
Rob’s practice focuses on construction law, both public and private, as well as government contracts law. His practice includes all aspects of the construction process from start to finish; contract drafting and negotiations, labor or material supply issues, design problems, management and submission of claims for additional compensation or time, and all the way through mediation, arbitration, or litigation of construction disputes at local, state and federal levels.
Rob’s unique blend of experience in the construction industry and in government contracting, his education, and his legal expertise qualifies him to offer superior services to construction and government contractors, owners and design professionals.
Prior to becoming an attorney, Rob performed project estimating, site supervision and construction management duties for major Northwest construction contractors.
Rob has lectured extensively for the Inland Northwest Chapter of the Associated General Contractors and serves as the chapter’s general counsel.
Rob also teaches often the Construction Section of the Washington State Bar Association, where he is the Vice-Chairperson of the governing council for the Construction Law Section. Plus Rob often teaches construction related seminars for private legal seminar providers.
Rob is additionally an Adjunct Professor at Washington State University where he teaches business law to Masters Degree Candidates in the Engineering Management Program.
AREAS OF EMPHASIS
- Construction Law
- Government Contracts Law
- ADR and Litigation
- Straus Institute, Pepperdine School of Law, Certificate in Dispute Resolution, 2011
- Gonzaga School of Law, J.D. Gonzaga University, 1996
- Gonzaga University, Masters in Business Administration (MBA), 1996 (Beta Gamma Sigma honors)
- University of Washington, Bachelors in Business Administration, 1969
- Negotiation for Senior Executives Program, Harvard University, 1993
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- Washington State Courts
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Washington
- United States District Court, Western District of Washington
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- United States Court of Federal Claims
- Federal Boards of Contract Appeals
PROFESSIONAL AND CIVIC ACTIVITIES
- Spokane County Bar Association
- Washington State Bar Association
- Federal Circuit Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Past-President, Construction Law Section, Washington State Bar Association
- Member, Dispute Resolution Board Foundation
- General Counsel, Inland Northwest Chapter of the Associated General Contractors
- Director, Pacific Northwest Ski Association
- Director and Corporate Secretary, Mt. Spokane 2000